Shevani is an experienced business attorney who believes in pursuing options that make the most practical sense for her clients. Her areas of expertise include contract disputes, business torts, trade secrets, employment law, consumer fraud and products liability. Shevani routinely engages in state and federal litigations, arbitrations and government investigations for financial institutions, consumer products and services companies and pharmaceutical clients.
Selected Case Results
- Assisted investment services firm in getting billion dollar trade libel state court case dismissed on the eve of trial.
- Represented pharmaceutical client in theft of trade secrets and breach of contract litigation.
- Represented entertainment company in federal court tortious interference with contract matter.
- Represented financial institution in sub-prime mortgage related investigations by the DOJ, SEC, FINRA, state attorneys general and foreign financial authorities.
- Assisted medical device manufacturer succeed on a motion to dismiss products liability and consumer fraud claims.
- Settled various disability and discrimination employment law claims on behalf of employers.
- Represented commodities traders in CFTC and FERC investigations.
Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation we practice. They do not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case, as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
New York University Law School; 2008
Bachelor of Arts. Dartmouth College; 2003
Shevani is admitted to the New York, Southern District of New York, New Jersey and District of New Jersey bars.